View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 07:20 PM   #295 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondoaveb View Post
And why is it you wouldn't go with the V7 Ysi? You could easily hit your 700whp goal with that blower and it's a direct bolt on, just a couple of oil lines to run.
Yep I was thinking the same.

I'm so close I'm almost there, it's stupid.

We fixed ALL THE ISSUES today that the car was having and the one I neglected was the oil leak issue which, ends up causing a potential irreversible death of the current blower.

I really thought of the V7 YSi but MilkCow500 persuaded me to go with the Paxton 2200x blower since that and the V7 YSi is almost equal but I guess you get more bang for your buck with the 2200x.

I just don't know about fitment issues. So many questions I have about upgrading the blower:

(1) Will the V7 YSi be a direct fitment onto the current bracket that fits the V3? Can I use it with the A2A kit?

(2) Will the 2200x be a direct fitment onto the current bracket that fits the V3? Can that be used with the A2A kit? According to MilkCow500 it can.
It just needs different sized couplers and a different air filter -- as he is having trouble finding an air filter that would fit it, otherwise I can just run it with no filter / a turbo guard lol.

What do you guys think?