View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 05:48 PM   #288 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

/Potentially closing thread soon, and if so, will make a new thread for an entire new build.

LSS (Long Story Short)...

Supercharger seized up today while making boost, I suppose it was spilling too much oil out of the vent plug and didn't even drive it for more than 10 min and it decided to belt slip and seize up, causing the belt to burn, rip, and making it so it is nearly impossible to turn the pulleys (we waited til it cooled off)

Not tripping though, I knew it was going to happen sometime since I know I wasn't going to always 100% accurately add oil when needed, just didnt' know when the blower would BLOW up lol.

If I do close this thread, I'm making a new one and will go a twin turbo set up.

Just going to tune it to limit the torque at 430 ft lbs or so since that's how much the stock 7AT can handle UNTIL i get to upgrading the tranny.

Anyways, ill keep you guys updated.

I'm going to sell the rest of the A2A kit and use that cash to help me buy the turbo set up build.
I will find out what is wrong with the blower exactly maybe it isn't totally beyond repairable and if not ill repair it and sell it.
If it's beyond repairs then oh well! xD

It's cheaper than buying a brand new blower and I can make more power out of it.
My engine is built for pretty much anything I throw at it just not my transmission so that will be limited by the tune.

Stay tuned folks