Thread: Squeaky
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 06:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
10MPlayer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: your mama wild.
10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of
Default More Squeaky Talk

I tried moving the seats back enough so they don't touch the interior frame. That made no difference.

Then I poked around and partially removed the liner in the compartment where the top is stored when down. I drove around with the top down and the liner partially loose. It was quiet!

I put it back together and made sure the liner wasn't rubbing anything because I noticed it made a small squeak when the support bar on the right side rubbed against the liner. Voila! No squeak at least for now. Oh well, just a little squeak when I hit a big bump. It's behind the driver's seat, not the original problem. The good thing is, with the top up and windows closed, going down a regular bumpy residential street or down the freeway there's no more squeaking. It's down by 95-98%. I can live with that. I hope it lasts. Thanks for ideas everyone. I'll keep you posted if it comes back. I did note a small (1/2") rubber pad on the right side shows some wear. It may be rubbing on something. I cleaned off some dirt and I'll keep an eye on it.