View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 05:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokhan996 View Post
I've been working at Nissan as a tech for 3 years but when it comes to my own car, I become paranoid and clueless to life lol. OCD thing I guess
So if you work on other people’s cars, you couldn’t give two sh*ts whether you thoroughly perform the job or not and accurately?

Quote:
Yeah dude like when I started working here they trained me to follow the "Oil Capacity Chart" which tells you how many quarts to fill judging on year and model of the car, but that chart half the time is wrong and misleading. Of course when techs work on customer cars they're like "oh its not my car" mentality which I despise. I'' throw in 5 tonight and let the car run for a little and I'll check where the level is
The oil capacity in the manual and your chart is based on an empty engine. When you drain the oil of your engine, you will not get 100% all of it out.

Quote:
If I didn't know how to work on my own, I'd never in my life bring it to a dealer
What? So then if you knew how to work on your own, you’d bring it to the dealer?