View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 07:13 PM   #4153 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwi View Post
Just out of curiosity and to play devil's advocate, just what can you fix on a modern car to get it back on the road? Beyond changing a tire, is there much that can be fixed on the side of the road? Maybe a battery terminal falls off or a hose clamp needs to be tightened. Just got me thinking about the situation.
Hoses are the main thing I've seen that can cause serious issues and then when fixed actually get you back up and running. So a pair of pliers? Maybe a simple socket set?

But I'm with you. There's not much that can be fixed on the side of the road these days. No need for a duffel bag full of tools unless you're expecting problems.

I saw a lifted truck (like 24+ inches ) on the side of the road under a bridge in nasty weather on I-35 south from Dallas after Texas-OU weekend. Dude was on top of his engine reaching way down deep behind it. Reminded me of unplugging one of the sensors while dropping the transmission during a CSC replacement. I was wondering what might have gone wrong that he could actually fix on the side of the road like that

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |