View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 06:45 AM   #66 (permalink)
jchammond
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13’ 370Z TS 7A/T
jchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustleman222 View Post
I can't say the coilovers are the culprit because at the same time I swapped from 3.69 to 4.08 gears... And I was able to get the 60' down by leaving the line with less RPM. I was thinking the higher rpm the better, but I guess I'm just not hooking on the radials. (305/35/19 @ 18 psi). On 3.69 gears I would heat the tires up until white smoke about 7-10 secs, and launch at 1800 rpm and catch a 60' @ 1.95 with consistency. I hope this helps. PS... Check your rear diff bushings
Yep; 60’ time is critical,as I was consistent 1.94-1.95’s w/heated street tires on stock suspension & 3600# car w/driver. I installed line-loc that really gives a good even heating of rear tires,,,never held against the brakes at launch-just flashed it.
I know with smaller tires & a little less weight would have gotten lower times w/3.69:1 diff....but everything came to a hault when I was crashed out otw home from track (1/21/18’),,,,i really think these cars are capable of bumping a high 11 under right conditions. Though high 12’s were my best with 345/30’s out back & my 275+ azz in leather Touring seats.
Keep at it,,,may want to try removing rear sway bar for some weight transfer & relocating battery to rear.
My run came with a full size spare in back,floor jack,over 1/2 tank fuel...but I was mostly checking launch & traction. I’ll be at it again after insurance gets straight with me.
Good luck fellas!

http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...s-musings.html
jchammond is offline   Reply With Quote