View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 12:07 AM   #88 (permalink)
DarkJak
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 370Z
DarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Autox View Post
Hi, I'm the guy who petitioned the SEB to get the Nismo in STU. I plan to do some west coast or TX national events for 2019. I'm just going to get some Koni sports to run with OEM Nismo springs and see what happens. Lots of commuting miles. Maybe the KW v3 coilovers would do. I haven't had any trouble with the VLSD yet, though it's not great for drifting. ...
What caster do you run? Just curious, because I haven't touched mine.

On the VLSD... I finally got my OS Giken LSD installed a month ago, and it makes sliding the rear around very controllable. On a cold day when my tires (Nexen SUR4Gs) never warmed up, I was able to get very consistent times, despite spinning the rears a lot due to temperatures, 5 runs within .5 seconds of each other on a 60 second course.

Next event was a cold wet day, and the Z was up there with most of the AWD cars, with a driver that is usually mid-pack. Partly due to running PS4S's, partly due to being able to put power down out of tight corners.

This last weekend, I did a track day and out of laziness ran PS4S's instead of my SUR4Gs and had faster times with PS4Ss and the OSG LSD compared to my previous bests with the VLSD and SUR4G's. Never had a single issue putting power down out of corners and could visibility see myself pulling away from other cars with every corner exit. It was enough that I was making up more time in the corners than I lost on the straights, compared to the supercharged V8's in my run group.

The VLSD never bothered me much until I got stickier tires and had too much inner wheel lift for it to be effective, and getting a better LSD has been such an immense improvement.

It was one of the priciest upgrades, all parts considered. (Right up there with coilovers and supporting arms.) But I've had zero regrets so far.
09 7AT|MCS 2WNR|Topgunz Rotrex|Ecutek (Eugene)|Maxxis RC1|Titan-7 TS-5|OSG LSD|Rear Mount Derale Oil Cooler (WIP)+25 Trans Cooler|Fismo|G-LOC R12/R10|Zeta III L|NLR Wing and Splitter|CJM Pan and Fuel Hat|Radium Surge Tank|AP Racing CP9668
DarkJak is offline   Reply With Quote