View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 02:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Xombo View Post
I didn't have time or space to do it myself, so that was a round about estimate on the bushing. The dealer used to have to drop the entire subframe and change the whole thing. I was actually quoted $3k for the job and that's pretty much why I don't go there anymore.
The dealer doesn't just drop the subframe. They replace the whole subframe! Nissan does not sell the OEM bushing as a standalone part. The subframe generally costs $1900+ for just the part. Plus a lot of labor. It's insanity.

I know a number of people that bought the Whiteline bushing for $99 and paid $300 for installation from a reputable shop. FWIW.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote