View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 11:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
El Xombo
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370 White 6 spd
El Xombo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Congrats on the new car!

You're going to spend $1K on solid rear diff bushing and only $1K on a new suspension? That diff bushing better be made of silver and sitting on a shelf inside your house.

SPL solid rear diff bushing costs like $150. Even SPL solid subframe bushings are only $200. Coilovers will cost more than $1K for anything decent quality. Not to mention a lot of other supporting suspension bits (full SPL catalog will run you at least $5K in suspension parts).
I didn't have time or space to do it myself, so that was a round about estimate on the bushing. The dealer used to have to drop the entire subframe and change the whole thing. I was actually quoted $3k for the job and that's pretty much why I don't go there anymore.

I didn't want to change the ride height too much because of driveways, etc, so I went with the NISMO shocks and springs. Z1 sells them for about $800. You're absolutely right about the supporting stuff like bushings, but at the time I was just trying to get the low hanging fruit. I'd love to add some SPL stuff to the current car, but at $5k I'd have to become a contract murderer or male stripper. I'm too small for either.
El Xombo is offline   Reply With Quote