View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 03:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by geddy lee View Post
2009 with 120k. I am getting some kind of exhaust rattle toward the center and rear of the car. After the car is run for a short time and warms up, the rattle goes away. If I go into a store for a short time, when I start the car up the rattle is back until it warms up again. It is definitely an exhaust issue.

I looked under the car back where the muffler is and I didn't find anything but there are so many heat shields etc. Any particular area I should look at?

If I had a lift , I might be able to locate the problem but I don't.
See if the local community college has a lift in the auto shop class. They MIGHT let you use it, in exchange for your car being a demo for the class. Check Google for 'self-service garages', places that you can rent space by the hour. If you have a floor jack and jack stands, pick it up, put it on jack stands, crawl under and try to wiggle every heat shield. The one that wiggles is your problem child. Do this when the car is cold... unless you have a burning desire to visit your local urgent care for burn treatment....

Good luck.