View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 03:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
elhombre
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z
elhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide View Post
I just bought my first Z a few months ago and I'll be damned, the same code showed up.. The car runs fine - I can chirp the tires going into 3rd gear so I am assuming it is running about as good as it is supposed to.

I just cleared the code and moved on. If/when it comes back - I'll try to figure out what to do. Seems like as long as the car is running fine, it's not a big deal. But I am probably a little anal like the rest of you and do not want a check engine light....

The previous owner installed the Stillen cold air intakes.. I was wondering if I needed to run a "hotter" spark plug with the cold air intakes?

I'll follow this post and add any comments that might be helpful if I get mine figured out. Like the others have said, it's a pretty vague code to track down!!
The stock plugs will be fine, just get a tune and have your tuner turn it off. If you get an actual misfire is should give you a code for the cylinder it happened on
elhombre is offline   Reply With Quote