View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 09:35 AM   #21 (permalink)
solidus
Track Member

Drives: 15' Nismo Black 6MT
solidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond repute

I've done hundreds of accident investigations and unfortunately this one is the OP's fault. It's a drivers responsibility to maintain control of his vehicle and to be able to avoid collision by maintaining a safe speed for conditions. Part of that is to adjust speed in adverse conditions to maintan ability to avoid obstacles. The jackass that left the truck there certainly contributed and if it were my investigation I'd also list weather as a contributing factor. But anyone who has ever ridden on a racetrack with an intermediate group of riders should see this as clear as day. If you're faster than the guy in front of you it is your responsibility to safely pass him without incident. You could stuff the crap out of him on the inside or flex on him and roll around the outside. But if you spook him with an elbow on the outside or he bites your rear wheel on a stuff , it's pretty much your fault for a bad pass. But that's racing and this is the street. This incident is no different than hitting the back of a car at a red light ( I would've definitely kept that dashcam to myself )
solidus is offline   Reply With Quote