View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 10:09 PM   #2664 (permalink)
MrPostman
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Nissan 370Z M6
MrPostman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
With those small tires. Nothing will rub.

And it's positive caster that will increase camber when you turn the steering wheel no matter what arms you use. But to change the caster setting. You have to have control arms that you can do it with.
Thanks for the explanation on how it works, evidently they optimized the caster increase per Z1s description.

Z1 Motorsports Adjustable Front Upper Control Arms feature an offset outer ball joint location in order to deliver an optimal caster increase. Increasing the amount of positive caster will increase steering effort and straight line tracking, as well as improve high speed stability and cornering effectiveness. Positive caster also increases camber when cornering as the steering angle is increased to keep your Z planted through hard corners.

I didn't realize how much until I turned the wheels to full lock, and half of the tread on the outside of the tire was no longer touching the pavement.

I wanted to share due to not seeing a set of these wheels on a 370z with sport brakes. I will be putting on a set of Conti Extremes 265/35r19 and 305/30r19 when I finish abusing these 😁

After seeing your tire setup I see your point.