View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 05:26 PM   #581 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

All i can hope is that Toyota is departing from these current "spindlecoupes" that are dronetastically boring. The design was bold on the first 2 models and then it went throughout the model range. Now toyota is doing a budget interpretation of the spindle. I cringe when I see spindles now.

Every spindlecoupe by Lexus has been outperformed by a midpack muscle car. You gotta really care about luxury to spend another $30k for basically an interior.
When you get up to the LC500. I can give that car a pass cuz it's a luxury car that performs instead of vice versa like the RC lineup.

If Nissan could put the VR30 in a worthy chassis and move to dual clutch? Nissan would easily eclipse Toyota again and with the right weight balance and suspension? Could put themselves in the 1LE performance numbers or possibly beyond with a 60hp deficit. This is the way Nissan did shyt in 2008. But this time. Nissan has the advantage of staying performance competitive against muscle for SEVERAL YEARS if they choose? They gotta evade this EV mindset for a smidge. Geez

This said... If the new mid engined corvette is going to start in the mid 60's as many are speculating with 500hp??? I mean. At that price. The Cayman would be irrelevant and all the competitors will once again struggle??? Chevy will officially reclaim its mid 1960's status as straight legendary. It will be the Corvette and everything else behind it. A GTR would be it's closest competitor. If the GTR will be the 700hp+ beast it's supposed to be? I imagine it will start at double the price of a vette?

Next generation is gonna be crazy. Toyota giving you 382hp for $63,000 in 2020 sounds like a fail. Especially if Nissan comes with a Nismo Z with 500hp in the 60k range which I think will be very possible? But we'll have to see?