Thread: Ported intakes
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 09:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Jinxx
Track Member

Drives: 2017 nismo 370z
Jinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcfromfl View Post
Because I'm planning on going FI very soon, I took a look at SOHO's page for their ported lower, and their dyno charts. The significant portion of the gains are not until 6500K+ (although they do say that the twin turbo test vehicle developed gains 4000K+). From a practical standpoint, the gains are so minimal given the horsepower you're already generating (making traction a very real issue), I'm not sure the cost justifies the mod.

If you're not going to generate 25-or-so rear wheel horsepower until the point you're ready to shift into the next gear, it really doesn't have much value. How much time is that...a quarter-second? It would be a completely different story if it developed low-end torque.

In the end, only you can evaluate its worth, and much of it relates on how you plan on driving your car. 1/4-mile? Track? Street?

Just my two cents...
The gain for N/A are around the 6k and above turbo application start getting it earlier around 5k mark ... and for 30+ hp/tq for the price isn’t bad ... and for driving on the street yea traction issues appear long before that ... my intent would be for the 1/4 mile track with MT tires ... no need to leave easy hp/tq on the table

Last edited by Jinxx; 10-05-2018 at 06:22 PM.
Jinxx is offline   Reply With Quote