View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 11:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
NorthStyle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370Z Nismo
NorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond repute

I was stationed at Spangdahlem AB up until a few months ago. I have a Nismo so the handling at higher rates will most likely be different but it zipped up and down the autobahn just fine around 130 for sustained periods of time. An oil cooler is a must if you plan on driving like that otherwise mine would hover around 230 degrees to 240 on a warmer day. When it was around 110 Fahrenheit a few years ago my oil temps got to around 250... both of these instances were pre oil cooler. Afterwards I'd be hard pressed to get it past 220 even on the Nurburgring. As for curvy roads, Germany has plenty, you just need to get out and find them. I'd check out KMC Unlimited if you're on facebook as they make trips to Hockenheim, the Nurburgring and Spa sometimes. A few of the more dedicated drag guys travel as far as Japfest (UK) yearly.

If you're military (and I'm guessing you are if you got "shipped" to Germany) then you only have to apply with the military/USAREUR inspection laws which are extremely lax compared to what the Germans have to go though with TUV. However, anything too outlandish/obnoxious can have you flagged by the Polizei, at which they'll ask for your car to be re-inspected. Mine never conformed with height requirements at my normal ride height so I would air up the front cups and never had anymore issues. Something to be on the lookout for... I also got pulled over in Kaiserslautern for "improper display of license plate" (it was in the windshield because I didn't want to drill my bumper lol.
NorthStyle is offline   Reply With Quote