View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 02:18 PM   #578 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
I hope you’re right, I would assume a ‘yota ecu will be easier to crack than a bmw.

My thinking exactly. One ray of hope here is that top gear article said the Toyota folks were really embracing the aftermarket tuners and encouraging them to make parts etc.

My attitude toward this car is evolving. I was pretty meh but after reading that story and seeing the lightly camoed pics, I think this is going to be a good car, but only if it’s not priced over 55k for the top of the line trim. Once you break that mark, only die hard Supra nutswingers would choose this over the alternatives out there. The wild card would be driving dynamics of course. If that is dialed in really well then it could succeed in the market even against “cheaper” powerful options like a Camaro etc
https://youtu.be/QY9lZhy9v9Q

Here's a YouTube commentary on the supra. I found it interesting... It even states that the Toyota engineering guy strongly suggests buying a 4 cylinder and doing a 2jz swap. It's really sad. I don't think the supra will be a bad car. On the contrary. I believe it will be a car that will probably eclipse an M2 in performance. But I don't think it will feel like a supra. I dunno? I have mixed feelings

Oh I also agree that all the current Toyota performance cars are completely unmemorable. This generation belonged to muscle. Nobody built anything that was worth not just buying the hyper capable muscle that recently came out. A 60k zl1 is a gt3 rival and a demon is just ridiculous. Going into a new generation. The supra is not a good start for JDM. The q60 has the. What the supra engine shoulda been. The supra is the chassis the q60 shoulda had. What will the Z be?

New GTR Will probably be too high prices to care for most.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 10-04-2018 at 02:26 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote