View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 06:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Omb
Base Member

Drives: 370z Roadster
Omb is on a distinguished road
Default Difference between street and track driving

OK...bear with me here. I am a jeep, truck, suburban kind of guy that got shipped off to Germany. Since I could not afford a 911, got a 370. I've never really driven fast cars before so it's all awesome to me.

So, that said, I see a lot of: Well, are you using this for street or track? What kind of track driving are you doing? Well, in that case, I would go with x,y,z.

Things kind of blur here when it comes to street vs track. I mean, I regularly run 90-110 MPH on the way to work. The Z handles it great. Sometimes if the road is perfect and their is minimal/no traffic I take it up to 120-140 for a few seconds until some Audi wagon tailgates me at 130 then I move over and get back to a more reasonable speed. For the most part I live around 80-115mph though. I don't have a frame of reference so I don't know what 130 should feel like. For me, it feels like it is pushing the chassis to it's limit with anything more than straight line smooth roads. At 110, everything seems locked in.

Some of the high mountain roads in Austria and Italy have seriously awesome turns, curves and switchbacks. This is more carving than the higher speed running I do in Germany. But, I do like to push it through them and I do like the ability to pass people who just have to go 1mph below the limit. Not really any significant complaints in the carving area other than a slight desire to pass a little faster.

So, that said, what are your recs? I have a bone stock 2014 roadster. I am not going to go forced induction. I've read a few threads on NA HP gains and am interested in bolt on mods. What about suspension and tires? I mean, I have no complaints really but that might be because I came from a 7000 truck with a 5.7 that handled like, well, a truck.

Thoughts?
Omb is offline   Reply With Quote