View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 11:25 PM   #70 (permalink)
Cory Gillmore
Base Member

Drives: 09 Sport/Touring MT
Cory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond reputeCory Gillmore has a reputation beyond repute

Alright so I called mt local Nissan dealer today and they confirmed that they recommend the 0w20 in ALL Nissan cars/trucks etc now. He said Nissan developed this new oil themselves and it's a Nissan branded oil. $46 for a full synthetic oil change isn't too bad either, especially from a dealer. But damn he told me $289 for a transmission flush. Which I don't know if that's the same thing as just changing out the transmission fluid like I want but that seems pretty steep.

Can't take longer than an hour with the car up on a lift like they have. So I don't get the extra cost. After watching a Youtube video I feel pretty confident that I could accomplish this task myself. I don't know though I don't have the best track record with a wrench in my hand and a vehicle in front of me. I mean I installed my short RAM intakes but I was going to put on a muffler delete (pretty simple task) and the first damn bolt I touched with a socket wrench became stripped I had to take it to a shop so they could get it on a lift and whack that exhaust bolt off with a chisel and hammer. Took them quite a while too although they also put on the muffler delete system. That AAM muffler delete sounds damn good too.

I have most of the tools I'd need for this except the thing you use to get the fluid into the transmission which isn't too expensive I don't think. So what do you all think? Is a transmission fluid change pretty easy for a pleb like myself? What's a good fluid to use that I can preferably get at a regular store?