View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 10:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide View Post
What years is oil consumption an issue? All years?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nis350 View Post
seems like a pretty good deal...

I personally prefer the touring/sport version.

I don't know if there were hard facts to support that the earlier models burn more oil than the later ones. I have an 2010 model and it doesn't burn or leak any oil. our 2009 g37s with over 100k miles that has the same motor doesn't burn or leak any oil also. we used M1 full synthetic for both.

other known issues are preventable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gryghst View Post
I too have a 2010 roadster, touring/sport with about 75000 miles and have not experienced an oil consumption issue. It is very reliable fun drive.
I know that oil consumption for the 2009 and 2010 cars was not uncommon. I personally know 4 people who have had short block replacements due to excess oil use.

My first 370 was a 2010 and it used a quart every 1,000 miles. I was scheduled for a new block when someone solved the problem for me by t-boning me and destroying the car.