View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 07:22 AM   #2321 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
Morning all! Been crazy here. I'm already counting down for the weekend.

So far:

-Manufacturing managed to scrap 3 identical batches of parts (with a helping hand from Engineering) because they decided to make them straight through without in-process inspections. That's 165 scrapped pieces which we needed done yesterday.

-Purchasing has apparently never been writing purchase orders correctly, so I'm identifying their many failures and providing guidance on writing PO's in the absence of appropriate leadership.

-Our system is not pulling information from archived jobs correctly.

-One of my inspectors still needs help using his PC for simple tasks, and can't receive his email today.

-We're out of good coffee.
Idk about your other issues, but the Inspector issue is a joke. I gave people 2 weeks to ask the basics and familiarize themselves with basic desktop functions. Dual monitors, keyboard shortcuts, etc. If they failed after that, they were gone. Nobody has the time to train a person on technology that has been mainstream for the past 30 years. If you're to inept to use a desktop for basic use, go take a quick training class at a college.