Thread: Sub question
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 12:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
dts3
Track Member

Drives: 08 Expedition
dts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRizz View Post
You will not need a Capacitor, nor will you need to upgrade your alternator. I am currently running 4 amps (for years now) and have no issues whatsoever. 2 are 300 watt, one is 400 watt, and one is 1000 watt.
Sorry if I was misleading; I didn't mean to say OP needed a new alternator. I was just saying that if someone is at the point where they think they need a capacitor, then what they really need is a beefier alternator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRizz View Post
...there are a few shallow mounts on the market that will work in 1/2 cu ft.
This is good to mention. When I upgraded the system in my expedition, I replaced the (shitty) factory Bose sub with aftermarket. It's mounted in the sidewall between the sheet metal and the interior plastic trim. To get something aftermarket to fit into that space, I had to get a special low-profile sub for an aftermarket enclosure. It was tidy, but it was NOT cheap.
dts3 is offline   Reply With Quote