View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 06:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Corsairprime
Base Member

Drives: 14 370Z Nismo GM 6MT
Corsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond repute
Default Update: Trouble located

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsairprime View Post
I have a similar issue with my AAM setup. Hissing leaky sounds at startup. I bought the AAM S-Line Mid pipe and Muffler. I also got the Berk HFCs, which I installed later. Still have my nismo exhaust in the Garage, just in case. My HFCs turned an otherwise great exhaust into a leaky sounding hiss of an exhaust at anything above 1/4 throttle. The car does run great though. I looked the exhaust over from rear mufflers to the cat to header connections. No Holes, cracks or loose piping. I added fresh gaskets with the copper permatex on both sides. No help.

I am considering taking the whole exhaust out and re-installing it to see if there are any broken gaskets. Could be the header to block gasket that is the leak source. Not looking forward to chasing that one down. Header removal is more than a pain in the @ss. Hate to think the Cats did this to a nicely put together exhaust.

I'll post a status after I do more digging.
Well I did more digging yesterday. I found the leak. The Berk Gaskets installed between the HFC and the Manifold just don't hold up. The driver side one has deteriorated and then 2 of the three bolts loosened just enough to make lots of noise. I have replacements for both sides from Z1 that are going in this weekend. In the mean time I tightened the loose bolts and now the exhaust is back to normal.

Faith restored in the exhaust I purchased. No regrets. Note to self. Use the Z1 metal gaskets next time when installing the HFCs.

Lesson Learned.
2014 Nismo #462, GunMetal Grey, GT-R Start Button, AAM S-Line/R-Line intake and S-Line exhaust, Berk HFCs, Osiris Tuned at JoTech
Corsairprime is offline   Reply With Quote