View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 02:35 PM   #240 (permalink)
ByThaBay
Base Member

Drives: 2015 370z
ByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&W_Evader View Post
Yes, of course it has to do with CA. Smog. I haven't been able to get myself to pull the trigger on the Stillen kit because of the MAF sensor position. I think this is the best SC kit out there and I'm trying to decide what level of PITA I'll be living with. Pulled the engine and tranny out of my 69 Vette a couple of times. Not that big of a deal. Tranny linkage is what everyone's paranoid on that one but adjusting it is pretty easy. I can build it off line if I've got a spare engine and tranny. If I blow it up I still have the original to put back in. I'm guessing it would be about 12 hrs the first time could bring it down to 5 or 6 after that.
I can tune both the a2w and the a2a on ecutek and guarantee that you will pass smog in CA and the car will pull hard and drive perfectly as a daily. I recently had a customer drive his a2w G37 to death valley this summer and he had zero issues, over 40k miles on the kit over the past 5 years, all hard miles full of redline pulls. With the a2a you would fail visual of course.
ByThaBay is offline   Reply With Quote