View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 09:53 AM   #28 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Gillmore View Post
What kind of life can we expect out of these clutches? I'm at 77k miles at the moment and all seems well so far/ I guess it depends on your driving style. What are some signs of a failing clutch?
I'm at 100K and the clutch still going strong. I've had to replace every part of the clutch hydraulic system except the factory hard lines. But the clutch is fine.

The synchros are probably more prone to wear than the clutch plate unless you don't know how to launch and do it a lot. My 5th gear synchro has been grinding since 20K miles - I just baby it to avoid the grind since no need for hard shifting into 5th gear on the street.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |