View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 07:18 AM   #1792 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwick View Post
I do my marinate and vac seal it the night before. Then I sous vide it for about 3 HRs at 130. Get the grill to 600*F and sear it about 30-45sec a side and throw it on a plate. If the weather is shitty then I throw the cast iron skillet in the oven and turn the oven on at 500*F. Once preheated I put the skillet on the stove’s maximum burner and get it white hot. Same 30-45 sec a side.

Turns out a perfect Med-rare every time. I’ll never cook a steak any other way.
I don't even bother with the grill. Cast iron on a burner until it starts to smoke with some vege oil in it. Throw the steak in with a few tbsp of butter and spoon it over for 20 seconds before turning and repeating the process a further 20 seconds. Great sear and rich taste.

I'll have to try a marinade next time. I mainly just stick to some ground sage, thyme, and garlic salt.