View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 09:02 PM   #1620 (permalink)
JLarson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z MR M6
JLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond repute

Home safely from Rusty's Z Farm! Thanks again Rusty & Chris! Hard for me to imagine a more hospitable, thoughtful couple. I'm really glad I didn't try that project by myself.

Couple notes which I'll publish in my build thread at some point - first, the Z1 instructions are overtly bad and whoever writes them should consider doing something else. Second, as far as the z1 bushing removal tool, save the money for something else. We might've been able to use this tool successfully if we'd had a lift, but on jack stands it's nearly useless. Go with a drill, hole saw, and sawsall. Third, Rusty built a very decent tool to push both the replacement bushing and collar into place, using 2 metal plates, all thread, and some nuts. This worked like a charm. The z1 instructions suggested hammering the bushing into place with a rubber mallet. If you go that route, just be prepared for a world of suffering!

Finally, product reviews - the z1 diff cover looks good, I'm pleased with how it went on. The lube change definitely took some roughness out of my shifting. The bushings themselves definitely tighten up the rear of the car. I'll report back on how well the poly bushings hold up.

Thanks again Russ! Any time you need a hand, just let me know and I'll at least pass you the appropriate wrenches 😉