View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 10:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
sidewinder_x5
Base Member

Drives: '11 370Z S/T 6M
sidewinder_x5 is on a distinguished road
Default Sudden loss of power

hello all

just picked up my car from the shop today after having them replace the oem csc/cmc with the zspeed hd csc kit and another oem cmc, as well as SS lines and bleeding with rbf600. car drove like a dream for 20 minutes

as im accelerating away from a stoplight, theres a jolt, the SES light comes on, and the car starts slowing down. downshift through the gears (synchro rev still worked, so there is a working connection between trans and engine), and pull over to stop. no leaking fluids, no low fluids, not overheating or anything. let her cool off for a while, and start her back up, SES light still in. engine will not go past 2k rpm even with foot flat on pedal. resetting ECU did not help

any ideas what could have gone wrong? from searching the forums, it could be anything from maf, to throttle bodies, to throttle/brake pedal sensors, but none of those seemed to have the same symptoms as my issue.

car is currently at nissan dealership after getting towed. interested to see if its an electrical issue, which is what i think it is.
sidewinder_x5 is offline   Reply With Quote