Thread: Need help asap
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 10:31 PM   #22 (permalink)
ryukai
Base Member

Drives: nismo tech
ryukai is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyzilla View Post
This thread turned into a bunch of nonsense pretty quickly. I don't think I'd appreciate a page worth of useless info and jokes on my wife, but that's just me.
OP, like others have mentioned, it's clear the car was abused. My 15 CPO nismo was in great condition and I checked everything, including the fluid levels, side-by-side with the CPO check list. I've also come to learn that when a dealer says a car is CPO it's just words coming out of their mouths. You have to find a way to ensure it really is. At the end of the day it can just be a piece of paper with a check list.
I can tell you for a fact your car was not certified based on the things you have been telling us such as the low oil level, bent wheel, non matching tires and exhaust leak. From the top of my head I know the CPO check list calls for all fluid levels being topped off, for the tires to be matching (at least for the front and rear sets), and for the air cabin filter to be replaced. Those itself should be a dead giveaway. A lot of the other things you mentioned are negligible as they are cosmetic and, depending on the dealer, free to fix (headliner, curb rash, etc.)
Paint chips are expected, no surprise there. The headliner thing sounds weird, but fixable. Dented nismo logo in interior and faded passenger seat sucks, but is what it is. The steering wheel suede can easily get dirty, but if it's actually coming off then, yeah, you might want to get that checked out. The non Nissan rotor and the "orange peel" paint you're talking about on the front lip just sounds so sketchy. I've come across a lot of Zs that have loose ebrakes. Not saying it's normal, but at least it can be tightened.
All in all, this car sounds like **** and there's definitely a story behind it. I'm not entirely sure how your wife bought it for you in the condition it's in w/o her checking anything. Just my opinion, but, if I were you guys I wouldn't bother trying to get anything fixed - I would demand a refund and just give the car back. Sounds like they took a month to write up a CPO check list for you.
Do you have any info on the car you're willing to share with us? Dealer, VIN, price you paid, mileage, etc??

FUTURE NISSAN ROSEVILLE, CA , JN1AZ4EH6GM935156 ,PAID 35298 out the door, mileage was 40,070.
ryukai is offline   Reply With Quote