View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 04:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
JSON
Base Member

Drives: 09 AW 370Z Sport 6MT
JSON is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
Check if the compressor is running (compressor clutch pulled in). If not, check for a fusible link near the battery. Could also be a bad relay in the IPDM (next to the battery, also).

Edit: Location of all pertinent fuses will be in the Owner's Manual. If you don't have an OM, you can download one from Nissan's web site.
I don't have a manual, but I downloaded one from the forum, and the page with fuses didn't have specific info about which ones were where. I didn't see it in the FSM either. I looked at the labeling on the 3 fuse box covers, and nothing really jumped out at me about it being related to AC or compressor.

https://imgur.com/SI1FHMq

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryzia23 View Post
Most common problem with no AC is lack of refrigerant. And this is where you should start diagnosing AC. Id start with checking at th condenser through the front bumper using flash light. If you see any darker circled spots, there’s a leak. Look closely as they can be very hard to get spotted.
Can I just get the freon recharge kit from the auto parts store to check pressure/refill? I was googling, and some people made it sound you shouldn't do that on this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&W_Evader View Post
Easy stuff first...
Check if compressor clutch engages. Usually you will see a slight variation in RPM when you turn it on and off. Better to actually look at it.
Look at refrigerant tube routing for any damaged areas. Anything aftermarket routed close to ac lines are known issues.
After that worry about refrigerant. You should hear some knocking sounds coming from the compressor at idle if there's no refrigerant.
My first guess would be the compressor clutch fuse, next would be aftermarket parts damage.

Good luck, hope it's something cheap and easy.

From my experience in CA, the pumps/clutch should last about 15 years or over 200k miles. Yours seems too new to be going out.
I definitely still hear RPM going up when I turn it on, as usual. I thought the pulley was turning fine, but I took a video, and I'm not sure if that whole assembly is supposed to rotate (the silver rivet isn't moving in the video), although I assume that the pulley is on a bearing sitting on that stationary part, so no?

I still need to take a look at the lines and condenser. I'm also trying to figure out which fuses I need to look at, because unless I missed something, the labels in the fuse boxes didn't indicate anything about AC compressor.

Here is the video - I was turning AC on and off.

https://youtu.be/Hm3omRVkUSc
JSON is offline   Reply With Quote