View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 09:28 AM   #1050 (permalink)
bunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z Roadster
bunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond repute

I had a boss that turned out to be a good friend of mine. At the time I was working in Oakland, and he was working out of Long Beach. Every now and then, he would call me and ask how things were going that day. If I told him it was slow, nothing to do, he would tell me to just leave early, but be on the ball if I got a call. He would take the flak if we screwed up. Great boss. But you can bet that if he called any of us at 2 AM to be onsite or on a call, we were Johnny on the Spot.

Some years later, I transfer to socal. I think my previous boss had a talk with the new guy. Told him that whatever he needed done, we would get it done before he knew what happened....so long as he wasnt a d1ck to us. We used to have texas holdem tournaments in the office and since the new bosses office was right by the front door, and you couldnt see us behind the cubicle partitions, he would alert us with a code word to look busy if an important person, or user came in our office...so, it wasnt uncommon for our whole department to have 10 hours/wk/person of OT or a ton of after hours calls.
-Drop in K&N Filter -Invidia Gemini CBE -Z1 Oil Cooler -Swift Springs - EcuTek -Forgestar F14 -SPL Camber Links -Akebono BBK Upgrade -Z1 Premium SS Lines -SPL Diff Bushings -SPL FUCAs - BellRaceworks Diff Brace

Last edited by bunk; 09-18-2018 at 09:30 AM.