Thread: Formula-1 2018
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 06:30 PM   #255 (permalink)
alcheng
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 ZR PW w/Clutch
alcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayrton88 View Post
Just another example of no matter how beautiful, street circuits suck. I wish they could go back to real road racing and race out in the country like the old Spa or Rouen or Reims, etc. I know...dream on but that would be awesome. Look at all the failed street races we had in the U.S. Detroit , Dallas , Phoenix. They all sucked. That's why I would never even consider going to Miami. COTA is fine.

I think the "hard to pass in street circuit" is only a small factor.

the main reason, which has been on the headline for so many years, is passing is almost impossible in F1 nowadays.

no matter what circuit it is, it's impossible to make a pass.

unless you have a long straight like Spa, Shanghai, Monza...

the modern F1 cars, I think, it's is too rely on aero, they can't run without aero..

so many times you hear from a driver say "when i get too close than I have no traction"

it might sound a backward step but F1 needs to get rid of those complicated aero package.

only with that, teams will be much more even performance wise.

and more passing in a race.

every F1 fan says the old days F1 are a lot more exciting to watch because it has lots of passing, it shows the drivers' gut and courage.

yes, and it is because those days the F1 cars are more simple, less technological, less aero prioritize.

those days, 2 compounds for a race weekend, Qualify compound and Race compound.

2 buttons on the steering wheel, radio and water.

the drivers' job is driving, simple as that..
alcheng is offline   Reply With Quote