View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 12:58 PM   #20 (permalink)
falsereality
Base Member

Drives: Nissan 370z Sport M6
falsereality is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Gillmore View Post
After reading that product page that thing looks literally like a dream come true and is probably a must have for performance driving in the 370. $300 ain't too bad either! Probably another $300 in labor and it's still not too bad!

The clutch feel has always been my least favorite thing about my car and it made it a little harder than it needed to be for me to learn a manual transmission in a car. I hated how high up the engagement point was on the clutch pedal. And how stiff the pedal is. And how it seems like such a tiny engagement window for the difference between not moving and stalling the engine lol. I haven't stalled this car in probably 8 months but it was a rough couple of first months.

But I take it that means that smooth and fast 1-2 isn't possible with the factory assembly? Haha

EDIT: after a little more reading it seems the install is fairly easy. Is this true? Is it easy even for a disaster with a wrench like me? I installed my short ram intakes myself...
If you are small, flexible, and mechanically familiar then this install should be easy. It took me 3 hours to do a 1 hour job because it was a PITA to get where you need to be and see what you're doing.