View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 02:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
danegrey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 12 370Z BK Cherry M6
danegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Gillmore View Post
Now, for high performance driving, say I'm going 80mph or hell 120mph in 5th or 6th gear and am coming up on a pretty slow 2nd gear corner. Is it best to brake and row down through each gear or is it best to brake until I'm at the speed I need to be and then "block shift" from 6th straight into 2nd?

What I have recently learned from that speed is to brake HARD, like being thrown forward in your seat. It actually delays the heat build cycle in the brakes

But make sure all braking is done in a straight line and working through the gears for the turn.

End of August I did track days at NCM Motorsport, and only used 3rd 4th and a tad of 5th gear. I think (so much going on) I got down to 3rd going through the gears. And heel-toe, what's that, was too busy learning everything else.
Most turns were 3rd gear.