View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 08:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber370 View Post
When you said “cracking”, I thought you meant actual tearing and/or breaking of the upper layer of the leather. What I see from your pics is normal wrinkling that happens with most leather seats. Mine also show some wrinkling to a lesser degree.

Actually, I’ve had wrinkling happen with all my past cars with leather interiors. My Corvette was the absolute worst.
I agree the type of wear looks normal. But what seems abnormal to me is the amount of wear for the age of the vehicle. Leather shouldn't crack that much that quickly. I know of a number of Zs with touring seats that haven't cracked like that in 5 years with a lot more miles.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote