View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 05:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
SunnyDays
Base Member

Drives: Nismo 370Z
SunnyDays is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyzilla View Post
That's probably your main issue right there. Your anti bacterial fabric wipe probably has alcohol or some sort of drying agent in there which sucks the moisture out of the seats. Here's what I do. Best of luck.

1. Avoid sitting/putting pressure on the bolsters. Create a process for getting in and out.
2. Use a gentle soap and water mix in a spray bottle. I suggest castile soap. Apply the solution to the seats and wipe off dry to clean the surface.
3. Buy a good quality leather conditioner and manually apply with a polishing pad. Just follow the directions on whatever you're using. I use Lexol.

I think these recaros are particularly known for, not necessarily cracking, but wearing. Mine have some creases in them, but I maintain them with cleaning/polishing. It's just a characteristic of leather. So long as you continue to use the seats they will never look the same as the day you bought them. Just take care of them and they will last
Hey, sorry I should be more precise with my wording. The wipes im using are not anti bacterial wipes. They are specifically for leather and suede for cars. (They just look like antibacterial wipes lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4oldcars View Post
It helps that I put the seat all of the way back before I get out. Of course, I didn't figure that out til damage was done.
Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Hmm, shame the seats do not have an electric memory function. Would be a pain to have to adjust the seats every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber370 View Post
I’ve found that Autoglym leather balm is the best product out there for leather seat protection and cleaning. You should never use antibacterial wipes on any leather product.
https://www.autoglym.com/leather-cleaner-balm
PS: I would try taking it into the dealer for a warranty claim if your seat leather is cracking. Not normal for a ‘17.
Just to be clear, the wipes are specifically for car leather and suede. They are not anti bacterial, just my terrible description of them.
I have posted some pics below of the seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axmea? View Post
pics?
See the below post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post

But don't mention anything about the wipes you used or they will use that to deny your warranty claim.
Hey, sorry I should be more precise with my wording. The wipes im using are not anti bacterial wipes. They are specifically for leather and suede for cars. (They just look like antibacterial wipes lol). Also can this kind of thing even go against a warranty claim, would they not just say its wear and tear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Speed View Post
However, just as stated before, Never use anything with alcohol!!! To clean use a mild soap & water and wipe clean and dry with clean cloth. Then use a conditioner on the leather part ONLY!! The Alcantara areas have to be cleaned a much different way.
Its not an anti bacterial wipe, its a leather and suede wipe, it just looks like an anti bacterial wipe. I use these to clean the seats.
SunnyDays is offline   Reply With Quote