View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 08:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
gbhrps
Base Member

Drives: 2016 RDSTR TS 6spd
gbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond repute

dirod123,

I use my Z the same way you do. Its just a toy and it never leaves the garage if there is a hint of rain.

The down side of long storage of the roof folded up is:

if mice take up residence, they will do it in the folds of the fabric. And when they are bored ... they will chew holes.... and when you next close the roof, you will have a series of small holes all in a row (happened to my 54 MG TF while in storage).

dust gets into that storage area and will settle at the contact points of fabric on fabric. It needs to be vacuumed or washed off periodically so it doesn't cause abrasion or discoloration of the fabric.

long periods of storage while folded causes the creases to really set in the fabric

the seals in the hydraulic system need to be lubricated to prevent they're drying out, cracking and leaking the hydraulic fluid. "Use it or lose it."

I make a habit of opening the top at least once every two weeks during the driving season, but during long winter storage, I leave the top up, and exercise it when the temperature gets above the 40 degree mark stated in the owner's manual when possible.

Just my two cents worth.

Gene
gbhrps is offline   Reply With Quote