View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 02:26 PM   #219 (permalink)
danegrey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 12 370Z BK Cherry M6
danegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond repute

its been some time, but like I stated in my last post almost 3 weeks ago.
NCM Motorsports is a very technical course with 23 turns and 3 fairly long straights, thou they do not look like straights.

I was running in the green group (new drivers) and an instructor name Todd. Todd was a riot, too work with, he just wasn't a HPD Driver, he does time trials and runs in NASA. His instruction was on using races lines and using all the track. Based on his lines, I found different areas of the track where I good gain a couple of car length on some cars.

But that was actually funny, I could gain on some fast cars, only to watch them walk away from me on the straights

here's link Todd provided, shows a lap I was with him in his car. Which is a BMW E46. There was a point, where we got black flag, because he runs ethanol 85, and they couldn't figure out the smell. Before we got started.

https://inmanhome.smugmug.com/Sports...s-/i-Hpfb2TR/A

It was a very good learning experience. I will try to write up a lap description from what I remember, just takes some time.

By the end of the first day, I noticed that the brake pedal was getting long. But that and the 2nd day is another post

and I am through hooked on track days now

Last edited by danegrey; 09-09-2018 at 03:04 PM. Reason: a note....
danegrey is offline   Reply With Quote