View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 11:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
Tractionless
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 K23 ST 7AT
Tractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
I did read your thread and I apologize if I was being harsh as I was not totally grasping your situation. I get it, you don't want to spend more money than you need to resolve your issue. From all the threads I have read on this issue regardless of track or street use only it seems there is a wide range between those that have issues and those that don't. I never experienced fuel starvation before hitting the track, even after boosting. Phunk kit was the first to successfully and reliably deal with the issue then came along the hydromats. For now these are the only two good options and one is more expensive than the others and deals with the issue you brought up and I got educated on and so you just got to decide which one is best for the money or live with the issue. Many street only folks have though it was worth buying the rrp system. I just decided to go a different route because of the build I have at the time I was looking to resolve my issue.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thanks and no worries; I didn't feel you were being harsh.

I've decided against the pre-packaged starvation kits at the moment.

Instead I'm replacing the entire OE fuel pump assembly with a new one due to the sound of my fuel pump motor prime changing during the issue. I have a feeling the fuel pump motor is on its way out.

I'm currently debating using a Hydramat in lieu of the OE pickup sock but trying to find out the O.D. of the OE pump inlet as Holley only offers 11mm for such a configuration.