View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 12:47 PM   #28 (permalink)
Josh@STILLEN
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
Josh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVL370 View Post
G'day guys I'm to new to the forum and I've ask myself the same question.

The Gen 3 intake gets the job done (as we all know) for gains.

However to cut to install.....hmmmm I dunno.

To my knowlege the injen intake comes with all the brackets to install the new water reservoir which is supplied for more of a direct bolt on application. Correct me if I'm wrong please..I dont own the intake just going off homework done.

End of the day the question needs to be ask to yourself. Is it worth cutting into my car for a couple of more HP???

As much as I love the idea of the stillen intake and a fan. My answer would be no...
I can appreciate how it seems that "cutting" the car would be a scary venture, in reality it's just slightly enlarging holes that already exist in the composite support brace, not cutting anything off or removing anything.

As you can see from the photo below, it's just a mild enlarging on the left and right side:

Just widening it slightly to allow clearance of the piping. And as others have pointed out, the filter location being high has other advantages.
Josh@STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote