View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 06:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
babyzilla
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 15 Nismo Tech 6MT
babyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDays View Post
Hey all,

What is the ideal way to keep these seats in top condition? The Recaro seats in my 2017 Nismo are starting to look worn / cracked.

Currently I just give them a regular wipe with a anti bacterial fabric wipe.
Any other tricks out there to get these looking like new?

Thanks!
That's probably your main issue right there. Your anti bacterial fabric wipe probably has alcohol or some sort of drying agent in there which sucks the moisture out of the seats. Here's what I do. Best of luck.

1. Avoid sitting/putting pressure on the bolsters. Create a process for getting in and out.
2. Use a gentle soap and water mix in a spray bottle. I suggest castile soap. Apply the solution to the seats and wipe off dry to clean the surface.
3. Buy a good quality leather conditioner and manually apply with a polishing pad. Just follow the directions on whatever you're using. I use Lexol.

I think these recaros are particularly known for, not necessarily cracking, but wearing. Mine have some creases in them, but I maintain them with cleaning/polishing. It's just a characteristic of leather. So long as you continue to use the seats they will never look the same as the day you bought them. Just take care of them and they will last
babyzilla is offline   Reply With Quote