View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 08:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCanadian View Post
Doesn't "look" extremely Corevette-y to me.
But that's not a bad thing.
Certain generations of 'vettes are beautiful, for sure, but trying to imitate that with an entirely different drive platform would be a bad idea.

It looks exotic. But I have my doubts that the typical Corvette owner is going to be able to handle a mid engine rear wheel drive layout. According to the internet, enough of them have trouble with F/R. When you put a heavy motor behind the driver, and the rear starts to move sideways, it takes a lot of skill to keep the car in line. Ferrari and Porsche drivers know this. Most muscle car drivers haven't a clue.

Perhaps, like NSX and upcoming Alfa 8C this will have some electrics to assist the front wheels. Or at least an ace traction control system that cannot be easily disabled!
I think if you drive a corvette GS. You'll see this gen corvette does not feel like a muscle car AT ALL when you rotate it. This generation of GM cars do not fit the performance stereotype they've been able to fit into in the past.

Here's the vette on track.

https://jalopnik.com/heres-the-mid-e...g-t-1828804754

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 09-04-2018 at 09:00 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote