View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 01:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't "look" extremely Corevette-y to me.
But that's not a bad thing.
Certain generations of 'vettes are beautiful, for sure, but trying to imitate that with an entirely different drive platform would be a bad idea.

It looks exotic. But I have my doubts that the typical Corvette owner is going to be able to handle a mid engine rear wheel drive layout. According to the internet, enough of them have trouble with F/R. When you put a heavy motor behind the driver, and the rear starts to move sideways, it takes a lot of skill to keep the car in line. Ferrari and Porsche drivers know this. Most muscle car drivers haven't a clue.

Perhaps, like NSX and upcoming Alfa 8C this will have some electrics to assist the front wheels. Or at least an ace traction control system that cannot be easily disabled!
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote