View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 02:26 AM   #92 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow85 View Post
Im prolly gonna need a good few laps at the track to learn the new power/tq.
Can I just observe that I have been racing for 40-odd years with 400+ lbs/ft torque and 500+ hp (NA, not FI so at least it is more predictable) and unless you are at it regularly (even constantly) it is very very easy to get caught out.

I had a 2-season holiday as a consequence of suspension component failure back in 2015 thru to late 2017 and it took me one whole race meeting to get back up to speed at Phillip Island and a minimum of 2 sessions at Winton and Sandown.

A "monster" needs respect and key to that is disciplined use of your foot on the right pedal.

It is ridiculously easy to be caught out, especially on a wet/damp road surface.

You need seat time on a track and Mallala or The Bend are both accessible to you. That's the thin end of the wedge though because consumeable's get used up quickly .. tyres and brake pads.

Using a FI car on the track also requires a lot of attentions to coolant AND oil temps and a disciplined (gee - there is that word again) approach to cool-down

Like I said, come talk to me in October at The Bend if you want .....