View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 12:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
spinhead
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z BS 6MT
spinhead has a reputation beyond reputespinhead has a reputation beyond reputespinhead has a reputation beyond reputespinhead has a reputation beyond reputespinhead has a reputation beyond reputespinhead has a reputation beyond reputespinhead has a reputation beyond reputespinhead has a reputation beyond reputespinhead has a reputation beyond reputespinhead has a reputation beyond reputespinhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trouble finding what I want

So I've been looking in the DC area the past couple of weeks for a gray base + sport with MT, and there's nothing. Not a single 2010 in MD, VA, southern PA or WV that matches the description. I found 1 2009 by Philly in this exact trim and color, but they want a little under invoice for it. So I said no thinking why do that when I can just get 2010 for invoice. Now I'm not even sure I can do that. There's nothing out there matching my requirements, and the dealers seem to know it. I went through a friend of a friend who is a salesman and he quoted me 32200 for the 2010. Plus, I was hoping to test drive the car first to make sure there's no ECU noise, but that looks to be a pipe dream at this point.

What the hell should I do? I could just get a hold of a bunch of dealerships near me and see who's willing to order one from Nissan for me for invoice + TTL. But then I could get one with the ECU noise. Or I could wait (perhaps indefinitely, I've already been waiting almost a year saving up cash) until a dealer near me gets what I want in stock. I'm approved through PenFed and everything at this point, just need the right car at the right price. IDK I'm just getting frustrated here, because for all the talk of buying at or below invoice on this forum, it definitely doesn't look like a buyer's market out there to me.
spinhead is offline   Reply With Quote