View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 11:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Tractionless
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 K23 ST 7AT
Tractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
If you have a buddy that knows how to use a soldering iron (a dying art), he/she should be able to replace the relay.
I can do it but there's nowhere I can find that maps which is the fuel pump relay. I found which wires are ground and power to it but they're in separate harnesses within the IPDM.

I was also just reading the Track section of the forum where owners had secondary pumps mounted in the drivers side of the tank (LIKE the Z1 kit) and removed them due to overheating. I don't know that I'd have that issue considering I'm not tracking and never run the tank below 1/4 level though. Again, the Z1 kit is just very expensive for what's included, hard pill to swallow.

I'd love to find a solution using just fuel tank foam. Searched foam over in the track section and it doesn't look like anyone's been successful in that endeavor though.