View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 07:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
kbc749
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z 6MT
kbc749 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niksmo View Post
I have AAM Midpipe and Resonated short tails on my 16 Nismo. I do love the pops and burble and sound at WOT. Do you have videos of the Exhaust in your first setup?

I'm planning to get either Berk/AAM HFCs or ART pipes by the end of the month. I'm not sure how it may sound and I definitely do not want Fart noises at WOT. Maybe resonated short tails sounds better? Any suggestions. I'll post an update on whatever Cat replacement I install..

I only have the video from the start-up which was indoors at the shop. I can post it, but I don't think it'll do you much good.

BUT I can guarantee that the HFC's are what is creating my awful noises. I would absolutely recommend that you go with the ART test pipes, the resonators in their neutralize the rasp which I believe is what helps create this awful noise that I am describing.

I am going to be purchasing Motordyne's Headers and Test pipes that they have posted to their webiste for like 1600. then I will be able to report back. The gentleman who posted below you has indicated a similar result, that after putting HFC's on (resonated ones at that) the drone and awful noises get way way worse. I can concurr.

With the mid pipe and my berk HFC's I get this really crappy raspy rattle at idle when the car is warming up. I think this midpipe and HFC combination is just not ideal.