View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 01:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
nandosman
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 370Z T/S
nandosman is just really nicenandosman is just really nicenandosman is just really nicenandosman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 to 332 View Post
Not sure that you will have to remove all the trim in the middle. I've run wires several times from the rubber grommet behind the battery to the cabin fuse box in the driver's footwell simply by using a straightened out metal clothes hanger as a "feed" that is gently guided behind the centre console from the passenger footwell to the driver footwell. Once the leading end of the hanger reaches the driver's side, simply secure the wire(s) to the other end of the hanger and then continue to pull the hanger through with the wires attached. I usually make a small hook in the hanger using a pair of pliers and then secure the wire(s) through the hook and then wrap it with some electrical tape to keep the wire(s) secure. It may take a little patience to feed the hanger through, but it is possible. Note also that to get to the rubber grommet behind the battery, you will have to remove the battery cover and trim as well as the window pillar trim on the passenger side, which will allow room to lift out the battery to access the grommet. According to several posts, you do NOT want to remove the grommet as evidently it is very hard to re-install. Instead just cut a small hole in the grommet sufficient to fit the wire through using an exacto-knife. Once you've finished the job, seal up the hole using some RTV sealant as suggested by SouthArk.
Why RTV tho, can't I just use electric tape?