View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 05:09 PM   #49 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmed123 View Post
I recently got a CEL and I cannot fill my gas tank. ...
There is a vent tube inside the tank fill tube that may be plugged. This will cause the fill tube to "burp" and trigger the auto-shutoff in the fill nozzle when refueling but I can't remember if it throws a CEL or not. There is at least one thread on this site about it.

It may help to slow the flow from the nozzle way down when refueling until you can get the problem fixed.

Edit: Look at figure 2 in the PDF you posted a link to. The tube I am talking about is the one that runs from the tank to about 3/4 of the way up the filler tube. Going by the drawing, the tube is external to the fill tube, not in it.

Last edited by SouthArk370Z; 08-31-2018 at 05:12 PM.
SouthArk370Z is offline   Reply With Quote