View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 01:48 AM   #69 (permalink)
shadow85
Track Member

Drives: 15' 370Z A/T AMM TT
shadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwick View Post
Dude a R compound is not where you want to go. Yes they are extremely sticky but that’s sometime a detriment as there is no warning when they let loose. I would go with a higher end Bridgestone or Advan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post

They operate at a higher temp than a street tire. On the street, they're not up to operating temp. The only way to get them to temp is to run the them hard. They're even worse in the wet. Street tire will tell you when they're about to let go. R Comps will hang and hang in there, then boom, they're gone. With little warning.
OK what do you guys suggest I go then, what high end bridgestone? Should I stick with my Pilot Super Sports and just go as wide as possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
This is exactly why I didn't get married until I was 32. LOL
im 33 and still have no desire to get married although the missus is waiting for the ring. I told her it might take a while. I mean c'mon, I only just went TT, I haven't even built the engine yet. LOL